Furniture, materials/finishes, fixtures –all manner of items that exist within commercial space are displayed. Its great fun to see what and how manufacturers are focusing on for current and future products. The showroom design is always of interest to me.
Things I noticed this year:
- Felt, felt, felt. Lots and lots of felt. With a huge focus on acoustics. This includes modular block systems, woven screen-like walls, and screens (lots of beautiful screens). I also saw felt incorporated onto desk surfaces and in tiny little woven screens and baffles to put on top of desks.
- Huge back to the 1970’s vibe in color and materials. Very: macrame meets mod.
- Modular seating systems with a casual vibe.
- Enclosures of various types: felt/upholstered enclosures and pads around seating and lots “rooms within a room” to create private zones and focus spaces.
- Modular banquette seating was also big.
- Screens, many screens, many felt screens! And, metal, and acrylic and all manner of screens.
I made it to my favorite Chicago coffee shop every morning, which made the entire event better.
Soon, I hope to tag all of these images with the manufacturer’s information but that will take awhile…need more coffee.